The Americana collection just arrived at Gymboree and it really helps kids get inspired about their community by celebrating their patriotic spirit & legendary kindness. This collection is so cute & I LOVE that I can match my boys!
I decided to explain to them a little about what GIVING BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY is all about and they got really excited! So then I asked them "If Gymboree gave you $20 to help in your community, what would you do with it"?
Reggie’s answer: I would like to give it to people who have no food or water.
Noah’s answer: I want to make a lemonade stand so I can make drinks for people who have nothing to drink.
I loved both of their answers, they were both perfect & so kind! We try to teach our boys about service & we make an effort to help in our community every month. There are so many different ways you can get involved, here are a few examples of things you can do with your families to share #LocalLove:
• Picking up trash at a favorite park
• Volunteering at a local animal shelter or food bank
• Donate food for a local food drive
• Give extra money at church
• Donate some of our toys
After talking about all these ideas, my boys and I decided to GIVE BACK TO the COMMUNITY in a few different ways:
1) Donate food for a local food drive: They took their money and went shopping at Walmart. They had a little list and picked out all kinds of items for the food drive. They were so happy to shop & pay for the groceries. That's what happens when you are helping others!
2) Pick up trash at our favorite park: The boys love playing at our community parks, so this was a perfect opportunity to show their #LocalLove. They got dressed in their Gymboree Outfits from their Americana Collection, and headed to the park where they spent their time cleaning and beautifying the park. They felt like patriotic super heroes, and since Arizona has the best outdoor parks, they forgot their were working and cleaning!
Make sure to check out Gymboree’s Summer collection. It's cute, comfy, and perfect for all your family’s spring and summer adventures.
How do you get your kids give back to their communities? Comment below, I would love to know!
Ps - You can shop all of these looks here : http://www.gymboree.com/
*THIS POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY GYMBOREE. ALL EXPRESSIONS & OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
Xoxo, Andrea Maya