Thursday, September 22, 2016

Tomato, Basil Chicken & Spaghetti Squash


This is one of my ultimate favorite recipes!! We usually do it with spaghetti. But, we have been trying to make some better choices. So I swapped out the spaghetti for spaghetti squash. Reggie will try a few bites, Noah loves it, Diogo loves it and so do I !! It was so yummy and we will continue to make it this way. Hope you love it as much as our family. 

Xoxo,
Correa Mommy



Tomato Basil Chicken & Spaghetti Squash 
Andrea Correa 

Ingredients:: 

 4-6 chicken breasts . If mine are big, I cut in half lengthwise
1 big spaghetti squash 
Sea salt and black pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil - I always add extra
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes-- I get cherry tomatoes at Costco and cut in halves 
4 tsp minced fresh garlic-- add more for taste. 
6 Tbsp cold butter chopped into pieces
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped-- I always add extra. 
freshly grated Parmesan-Ramano cheese to top with.  ( I get to Belgioioso brand at Costco ).

Directions :: 

Turn oven to 425 to roast spaghetti squash. Cut spaghetti squash in half and clean out. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle sea
salt and pepper for taste. Put in oven and cook for 1 hour and 30 mins if its a big spaghetti squash, if it's smaller I do a hour and check the tenderness. Adjust cooking times if needed. Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.  I add a little garlic salt too.
Add your olive oil to your pan and wait for it to get hot. Once it's hot add your chicken . I cook mine 5 mins on each side then turn. 
After the chicken has been cooking for about 10 mins. Add the tomatoes and then the fresh basil. Next, add in the cold butter.  This will make the sauce silky. Then add the minced garlic. I add extra salt and pepper to season the sauce. Then give it a good stir ! Taste to see if you need more of anything. I add in my extra olive oil here. Turn to low and let simmer for 20 mins.
Take out spaghetti squash and let it cool. Then use your fork to pull into spaghetti. I then add my Tomato Basil Chicken mix to the spaghetti squashes and add some Parmesan on top and pop it back in the oven on broil for a few mins. Or do one big bowl and toss !! Top with more parmesan ramano cheese, fresh basil, salt & pepper if you want! Now it's time to eat!! We love this dish and think It's amazing!! It's even better the second day!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment